Sunday, February 1, 2009

GIF Animation

For my GIF, I wanted to do a stick figure animation of a free runner. I knew that I wanted it to look like a flip book, so I drew all 22 frames by hand:


I had zero experience with Photoshop, but once i figured it out, this was the raw GIF I came up with:


When I tinted my GIF, I decided to have the color change frame by frame along the visual spectrum of light (blue... green... yellow... orange... red... purple... blue...):


For the stylized GIF, I'm not 100% sure what effects I used; I know I used a negative image of the original layers, and then I think I used the Neon Glow effect and the Glowing Edges effect, but I may have used another effect as well. Either way, this is what happended:

3 comments:

  1. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much. buy dvd colony season 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. howdy, your websites are really good. I appreciate your work. buy dvd the defenders season 1

    ReplyDelete